As soon as payment clears in your Hnry bank account, we automatically calculate, deduct and pay the taxes before transferring what's yours on to you immediately.
You will get an email or in-app notification from us to let you know that the money should now be showing in your personal or nominated bank account.
Some important points to note:
- Transfers of funds between banks can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. This is not something Hnry has any control over as we only have visibility of the payment once it clears in your Hnry account.
- Payments by Credit Card get sent via a third party payment processor so take longer to clear in your Hnry account than a regular bank transfer.
- If your client is based overseas and have paid by an International Bank Transfer, you may need to allow a few working days before the funds are received into New Zealand. Please see here for the full details that your client will need when making transfers from overseas.
- All NZ banks stop processing payments at 10:00pm on weekdays (and do not process any transactions on weekends or Public Holidays). This means that if your payment has not cleared in your Hnry account prior to 10:00pm, the banks will not process the outbound transaction to you until 10:30am the next working day. Again, this is not something Hnry has any control over as this is standard practice with all banks.
From the time the payment from your client clears in your Hnry Bank Account, it usually takes no longer than a few minutes for the transaction to be processed and for the money to be forwarded to your personal account.
If your Client has said they have paid and you haven't received a notification from Hnry just yet, there are a few points to keep in mind:
- If this is the first time you have ever been paid into your Hnry account, we first need to conduct our strict Anti-money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Funding of Terrorism (CFT) checks before you can be paid for the first time. These take no longer than 2 hours and can lead to a short delay during peak times.
- If your Hnry profile is not complete (particularly your Financial Details) this can delay payment whilst we request further information from you.
- Clients (particularly Recruiters) may issue remittances to show that payment is to be made. This is not a confirmation that the payment has already been sent; some Recruiters and third parties generally process their pay-runs at the end of that working day, so payment may not clear in your Hnry account until later that evening.
You can rest assured that as soon as any funds are cleared into your Hnry Bank Account, we'll process and pay the funds to you immediately.