You can claim for some costs incurred when you're away from home on business

  • Travel expenses such as train, bus, or plane tickets
  • Accommodation expenses
  • Meals

You can't claim the cost of taking your non-working partner on an overseas business trip. You also can't claim meals purchased within your hometown.

N.B: If you’re claiming travel expenses to another city or overseas, you’ll need to keep copies of emails etc arranging business meetings and/or work

Did this answer your question?