With Hnry, you can easily set up automatic Allocations to apportion your income every time you get paid. From contributions to your KiwiSaver or savings account, to paying off utility and legacy tax bills, even making investment portfolio contributions – it's never been easier to plan for your future and make your money go further.
By setting up Allocations in Hnry, You can allocate up to 45% of your Gross Income (before tax) to go any other NZ bank accounts you choose. You can set up as many Allocations as you wish, up to that 45% limit.
- You set up an Allocation for 3% of your income to go into your KiwiSaver
- You then get paid $100 by one of your clients
- Hnry automatically deducts and pays the exact right amount of all your taxes (let's imagine that the total of all your taxes adds up to 20%) - so $20 would be paid in tax
- $3 would then be transferred through to your KiwiSaver automatically (3% of $100)
- The remaining $77 would be transferred through to the personal Bank Account you specify on the Financial Details page in Hnry
N.B. The fixed limit of 45% of gross income is to ensure that there is always enough remaining to deduct relevant taxes - taking into account maximum income tax rates, ACC, student loan etc. The best way to think about it is that you can allocate up to 45% of your gross income using Allocations, and essentially, the remainder after tax is ‘allocated’ to the personal bank account you specify in the Financial Details page of Hnry
Find out more about setting up an Allocation in Hnry
With Allocations, you can...
Plan for your future
Set aside a percentage of your income every time you get paid, and take control of your finances. Avoid monthly crunch times by paying utility bills as you go, starting a rainy day fund, or investing in your future.
Get instant peace of mind
Every time you get paid into your Hnry Bank Account, you'll know your savings and investments are growing, and your bills are being paid off – all from the Hnry app!
Get ahead on payments
Hnry removes the need for direct debits coming out on a certain 'day of the month' - you can set up automatic payments for paying rent and utility bills; even pay to friends and family or charities, every time you get paid.